Student must have acceptable knowledge and skills in driving before the instructor advices arranging for a road test.
All road tests are done through your choice of Alberta Registry office. The road tests are usually booked separately by students. We also have a vehicle for rent with them at a cost of $40.00. (Please note that the rental car fee is separate from the GDL Package fee).
After road test has been booked, here are some important pieces of information to remember:
- Cancellations must be made with 48 hours notice!
- Road Test Conditions & Cancellation/No Show Policy
Road Test Information •There are No Refunds on test permits - No Exceptions.
- Road test permits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Lost permits reported 48 hours prior to your exam time will be replaced for a fee of $15.50. Lost permit will be cancelled and will no longer be valid.
- You may rebook your road test, without penalty, by contacting any Alberta Registry office 48 hours prior to your exam time. You may rebook your exam any time within the one year time limit.
- Failure to show for your road test will result in the cancellation of your road test and permit, and all fees will be forfeited.
- Failure to comply with these requirements will result in you forfeiting all fees.
- On the day of your Road Test
- You must produce a valid road test permit
- You must produce a valid Alberta Learners or Drivers License (Exception - road test may be taken by a suspended driver who has met all suspension requirements). If you have a temporary license, you must also produce other government issued photo I.D. (eg. passport)
- You must provide a vehicle suitable for the class of license being tested - vehicle must be in good mechanical condition (functioning seatbelts, signals, lights, wipers, speedometer, horn, rearview & side mirrors, etc), and you must be able to provide valid registration and insurance for your vehicle.
- Commercial vehicles must have CVIP sticker*
- If you are using a rental car, you will be required to provide a copy of the rental agreement with your name listed on the agreement.
- No passengers (including pets) will be allowed during your road test - No Exceptions.
- Please provide a second piece of government issued ID to reclass your license.